Accessing and using the site as an individual, institution, or organization, means you are agreeing to these terms for yourself or on behalf of your institution/organization.
We may also use third parties to display and target ads, provide certain functionality (such as maps), or to place their own cookies and other tracking technologies to collect, track and analyze usage and statistical information from users. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of any third parties.
Should such changes occur, we will make sure to announce any major change in a prominent way or notify you by email and of course, this document is public on the site and therefore you will be able to see the changes for any new version. Furthermore, your continued use of the site following the publishing of updated Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
MYLAYWER IS NOT A LAW FIRM, WE ARE A PLATFORM
MyLawyer.ng provides a platform for connecting lawyers to clients, as well as legal information and help. On signing to myLawyer.ng as a lawyer, Mylawyer.ng connects you with clients, and we are not obligated to do so. The site is only a platform and will connect the lawyer to clients to the extent of what is available on the site.
The referrals or/and information provided by MyLawyer.ng along with the content on the site related to legal matters is provided for your private choice, use, and does not constitute legal advice directly from MyLawyer.ng. We do not review any referrals or/and information provided on the site for legal accuracy or sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide opinions about your selection of lawyers.
MyLawyer.ng does not provide legal advice. We only connect lawyers to client and clients to lawyers. MyLawyer.ng does not bear any burden arising from risks associated with matters arising from lawyers or clients connected from the site.
Your use of the site does not create an advocate-client relationship between you and MyLawyer.ng, or between you and any MyLawyer.ng employee or representative. Payment for service made to MyLaywer.ng is kept in care on behalf of the lawyer providing you with legal services.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
MyLawyer.ng connects individuals and business to lawyers, and create a virtual platform for accessing legal services of all sorts from lawyers within our site
Our services include:
- Connecting lawyers to clients, and clients to lawyers,
- Call-in lines for clients to get legal advice from lawyers registered on our platform, and
- Ask-in platform on the site, where lawyers can provide answers to questions.
- Other services that may arise from time to time.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAILS
By creating an account, you agree that you may receive communications from MyLawyer.ng, such as newsletters, special offers, and account reminders and updates. You also understand that you can remove yourself from these communications by clicking “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of the actual email.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
Our services include a large number of what are collectively called “Communications Services.” These include services such as live calls, comment threads, question and answer products, customer service communication forums, and other message services. You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send, and receive messages or materials proper to and related to the particular Communication Service. When using a Communication Service, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any names, materials, or information that is considered inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful.
- Create a false identity, represent yourself as someone else, or sign an agreement as someone else or on behalf of someone else or otherwise falsify or delete in an uploaded file any significant attributions or notices.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected either by intellectual property laws or by the rights of privacy or publicity except when (i) you own or control the necessary rights, or (ii) you have received all necessary consents to do so.
- Upload corrupted files, files that contain viruses, or any other files that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise, offer to sell, or offer to buy anything for business purposes except to the limited extent any particular Communication Service specifically allows such activity.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Harvest or otherwise collect personally identifiable information about others, without their consent.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
Although MyLawyer.ng has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services, we reserve the right, in our own discretion, to review and remove materials posted to a Communication Service, in whole or in part. MyLawyer.ng reserves the right to disclose any materials posted, information or activity as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
You can only use our services if they do not conflict with or violate your local laws. The availability of our services in your locality is not an invitation or offer by MyLawyer.ng to access or use our website or services. By using our services, you accept sole responsibility that you or any family member’s use of or access to our services does not violate any applicable laws in your local laws. To enforce this provision, MyLawyer.ng reserves the right to refuse membership, or suspend or terminate your account immediately and without prior notice at our sole discretion.
The following are specifically excluded or prohibited:
- Use in connection with any legal matter that is frivolous, immaterial or illegal in nature, as determined by MyLawyer.ng
- Use in connection with any legal matter involving an alleged violent crime; or
- Use in connection with any legal matter involving the laws of jurisdictions outside of Nigeria;
- Use in connection with any legal matter for which you are currently or prospectively represented by legal counsel.
- Use in connection with any legal matter that, lacks sufficient merit to warrant pursuit, or that has been raised an excessive or unreasonable number of times without a change in circumstances;
- • You may not hack, “scrape” or “crawl” www.mylawyer.ng whether directly or through intermediaries such as spiders, robots, crawlers, scrapers, framing, iframes or RSS feeds, or otherwise access or attempt to access any information MyLawyer.ng has not intentionally made available to you on its website via subscription. Your use of the MyLawyer.ng website does not entitle you to resell any MyLawyer.ng content without prior express written consent from MyLawyer.ng.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, revocable license to use the services as we intend for them to be used. As a registered MyLawyer.ng user, you are licensed to keep, for your own personal records, electronic or physical copies of documents you have created on MyLawyer.ng You may not copy the content of MyLawyer.ng forms or agreements for use or sale outside of MyLawyer.ng. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by MyLawyer.ng.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
MyLawyer.ng retains all right, title and interest in and to its products and services, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, service marks, copyrights, photographs, videos, music, and all related intellectual property rights. Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, you may not, and may not permit others to:
- reproduce, modify, translate, enhance, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works of any of our products and services;
- sell, license, sub-license, rent, lease, distribute, copy, publicly display, publish, adapt or edit any of our products and services; or
- circumvent or disable any security or technological features of our products and services.
DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND LIABILITY
The information, software, products, and services made available through MyLawyer.ng may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. MyLawyer.ng and/or its suppliers may at any time make improvements or changes to our services. Your use of our Services is at your own risk.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MYLAWYER.NG AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT MYLAWYER.NG SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. LEGAL SERVICES INFORMATION AND OPINIONS RECEIVED VIA THE WEBSITE, RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS ARE AT THE RECEIVERS’ RISK. MYLAWYER.NG BEARS NO LIABILITY – LIABILITY FOR ANY RISK ARISING FROM INTERACTION OR CONNECTION FROM OUR WEBSITE WILL BE BORNE BETWEEN THE LAWYER AND CLIENT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MYLAWYER.NG, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT MYLAWYER.NG HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
You agree to release, indemnify and hold and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable lawyers’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of any third party claims relating to your use of the service, your violation of these Terms or your violation of any rights of another.
These Terms will be governed by the laws of Nigeria except for its conflicts of laws principles.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and MyLawyer.ng with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
WAIVER SEVERABILITY AND ASSIGNMENT
MyLawyer.ng failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. MyLawyer.ng may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
We may revise these Terms from time to time, and will always post the most current version on our website. If a revision meaningfully reduces your rights, we will notify you (by, for example, posting on our blog or on this page). By continuing to use or access the Services after the revisions come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.